Inspired by an original 1920 design, the Drehgriffel makes a striking statement with its hexagonal silhouette and signature Leuchtturm1917 colours. Like the twist mechanism, the narrowly tapered tip comes in a colour that contrasts with the body. The twist mechanism and refill of this multiple-design award-winning writing instrument are made in Germany. The Drehgriffel is precision milled in aluminium and brass, then varnished and sealed. It has a spring-loaded twist mechanism.
The Leuchtturm1917 “Drehgriffel” Twist Pen is precision-milled from aluminium and brass, then varnished and sealed. It has a spring-loaded twist mechanism and is available as a ballpoint pen, a gel pen and a mechanical pencil.
- Pens come standard as Ballpoint or Gel Pen with Black or Royal Blue Ink
- Ballpoint refills are available as Royal Blue Fine/Medium/Bold, Black Fine/Medium/Bold with Red and Green in Medium
- Gel Pen refills are available in Royal Blue and black with 0.5mm tips
- Refils for ballpoints and gel pens are interchangeable
- Pencil available with 0.7mm graphite only
- Barrel is precision milled aluminium, colour coated, sealed, and matt varnished.
- Spring-loaded twist mechanism
- Brass tip
- Available in a variety of colours matching Leuchtturm1917 notebooks and penloops
To use a twist pen, simply rotate the pen barrel to extend or retract the pen tip. This mechanism makes the pen very convenient to use, eliminating the need for a separate cap or button to operate the pen tip.
The twist mechanism and refill of this multiple-design award-winning writing instrument are made in Germany.
The name “Drehgriffel” is derived from the German words Dreh (twist) and Griffel (pen)